Didi Hospitalized Ahead of Upcoming Trial on Sexual Trafficking Charges

Hospital Treatment Ahead of Trial

Sean “Didi” Combs has been hospitalized in preparation for his upcoming trial related to sexual trafficking.

Last September, Didi was arrested and charged with several offenses, including sexual trafficking and racketeering. He has since been detained in a federal prison located in his hometown, awaiting a court trial set to commence on May 5.

According to New York Post, it is reported that he was transferred from the federal detention center in Brooklyn to a nearby hospital “under the cover of darkness” last week.

The transfer involved a late-night MRI on Thursday (January 30), deemed necessary as Didi’s “knee was bothering him,” with sources referencing ongoing issues dating back to his management of the New York Marathon in 2003.

The late-night visit was said to be an attempt to avoid what a law enforcement source described as “chaos,” due to the highly publicized nature of his case, in which Combs denies all allegations against him.

Didi is depicted in 2003
Didi, depicted in 2003, ends the 34th launch of the marathon in New York. Credit: Brad Barket/Getty images

He did not remain in the hospital overnight and returned to his cell following the scan. A representative from the Bureau of Prisons stated to Fast, “For reasons of confidentiality, security, and safety, we do not discuss the conditions of confinement for anyone in custody to enable medical status or medical trips.”

See also  KEO Debuts Single "I Lied, Amber" Following Successful Full London Show

Legal Challenges and Allegations

Didi’s attorney, Mark Agnifilo, also commented to TMZ and stated that he could not comment on “everything related to the movements of prisoners” or “any potential medical issues.”

Recently, his legal team asserted that video purportedly from the “strange” parties involving the hip-hop star rather “confirms the innocence of Mr. Combs” as it showcases consensual activity among adults.

Sean "Diddy" Combs
Sean “Diddy” Combs, depicted in 2023.

Didi has consistently refused bail throughout the trial process, with his first denial occurring after he offered a bond of $50 million (£38.4 million). Subsequently, he was placed on suicide watch.

In December, the judge denied his bail request for a third time, declaring that “the government presented clear and convincing evidence that no conditions or combination of conditions will reasonably ensure the safety of the community.”

In a previous month, another wave of sexual misconduct allegations was filed against him by five additional anonymous claimants. This included three men and two women who allege they were drugged and sexually assaulted by the rapper in New York and Miami since 2001.

See also  Outbreak 2025: Glassjaw to Perform Classic Albums in Their Entirety, Along with More Line-Up Additions

These allegations followed a charge made in October, claiming Didi had drugged and sexually assaulted a 10-year-old boy in 2005. Reports also mentioned that over 120 individuals have lodged new accusations, including 25 minors.

More recently, he faced accusations of threatening to consume the flesh of a participant from his music competition Making the Band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv0a5zqv0se

The new documentary Making a Bad Boy was released last month on Peacock and delves into Didi’s early life and career, featuring interviews with individuals close to the rap mogul. In the film, former Bad Boy Records member Sarah Rivers accused Combs of threatening her and her colleagues during their tenure on the show from 2002 to 2004.

“When he got angry with one of the members of my group, he said, ‘You are so angry that I want to eat your flesh,’” Rivers recalled. “He then told another member, ‘You roll your eyes, I could go hack and pay someone $20 to beat you up.’ Who talks like that? It’s madness.”

The 47-year-old entertainer has also been accused by a female football player of groping her during filming: “He touched me in a way that was inappropriate. I felt scared, like, ‘My God, what the hell just happened?’”

See also  Waeive Unveils New EP Featuring Anti-Valentine's Single "Love-All Pain"

Didi speaks live in 2023
Didi performs at the Yardfest University of Howard on October 20, 2023, in Washington, District of Columbia. Credit: Faddeus Macadams/Wiremage

The documentary also raises accusations that Combs may have had a part in the murder of the Notorious B.I.G. in 1997, backed by former interactions with law enforcement, as numerous parties also stepped forward to support claims made by his late partner and mother of his children, Kim Porter.

Diddy’s legal team has dismissed the allegations portrayed in Making a Bad Boy, claiming, “This documentary processes and propagates the same theories of lies and conspiracy that have been directed against Mr. Combs for several months.”

His lawyer continued (to Variety): “It’s disheartening to see NBC and Peacock wading through the same muck as unethical tabloid journalists. By providing a platform to known liars and opportunists seeking false criminal claims, the documentary represents irresponsible journalism at its most egregious.”

To receive additional help, advice, or information regarding sexual harassment, assault, and rape in the UK, visit Rape Crisis Charity. In the United States, visit RAINN

https://www.nme.com/news/music/diddy-reportedly-hospitalised-while-awaiting-trial-for-sex-trafficking-charges-3834084?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=diddy-reportedly-hospitalised-while-awaiting-trial-for-sex-trafficking-charges